Thursday, October 8, 2009

Professional Organizers Aren't Perfect Either...

Whenever I mention that I'm a professional organizer, people often respond with, "Wow, your home must be perfectly in order." Guess what folks....It isn't! Really, it isn't! And...who gets to define perfect, anyway?

My home reflects who I am that day. If my kitchen island is cluttered with papers, then I'm probably wearing my maniac on a mission (MOM) hat. I might even wear that hat for a week before I decide to take it off, clear the clutter and gain control again.

Some days I put on my Rebel Hat. It includes leaving that weeks worth of clothes haphazardly thrown across the edge of the bathtub until I decide to gather them together, hang what can be worn again and throw in the hamper what I decide needs laundered.

If that isn't enough reality for you....I will even leave dirty dishes on the sink until the next morning!!! AUGHHHH!

But here's the point, I always go back and address what is out of place and return that space back to it's proper order. Because that's what makes me feel good.

So, being organized isn't about perfection. It's about the balance in your life and having your environment support your vision of that life. Too many overly organized, structured systems can inhibit wanting to even use them. They come with too much pressure! Relax and set your expectations towards balance and not perfection.

If you need help, call me. I'm here to support you!

No comments:

Post a Comment